>  To my knowledge, my abc
> tune finder will not return single files from his files that have X:0
> for the tunes.  I even fixed a "bug" (which I'd thought a feature ;-)
> in which the ABC link returned only the tunes and not the surrounding
> text.  For X:0 it now returns the entire file,  exactly  as  the  Get
> link, but with text/vnd.abc as the MIME type.

The problem is what zero-numbering everything does to other software.
With BarFly, it makes relatively little difference, but it does lose
you one way of navigating round the file.  Other software I don't know
about may have worse problems, which I why I was asking how it handles
this.  Compatibility with the commonly available ABC players is more
important for this specific file than having it indexed anywhere.

(The TuneFinder still pulls out individual tunes from the old version,
ignoring the explicit request in the text of the file not to do that).

The preferable option would be for an X:0 line preceding any tune to
prevent downloading of individual tunes at any later point in the same
file.  Your own dance sets are structured that way, with X:0 attached
to a pseudo-tune used as an identifier for the set, and I presume the
intention of those sets was that people would get all the tunes for a
single dance as a unit.

Some other directive at the start of the file would be okay, but not
something that has to be attached to each tune - with the tutorial
that would add 200 lines of repeated boilerplate, which is acceptable
when tunes are to be handled individually but not when the whole file
is primarily aimed at human readers who have to scroll through it.