>> Simply putting raw scans[of Skinner's work] on-line would be better.
> Wouldn't there be some copyright issues with raw scans though?

The Lester Levy sheet music collection is mostly stuff published in
Skinner's lifetime, and they seem to have found a way round it; they
are high-profile enough that the publishers, if still in business,
*must* have noticed them.  Pity their scans aren't better...

There is also an Argentinian tango scores site with even more recent
material, and even worse scan quality.

> BTW, I recently had to stop broadcasting Scottish music over the
> Internet because of the CARP ruling:
> http://www.copyright.gov/carp/webcasting_rates_final.html
> Copyright always gets you in the end.

Gone before I ever got a connection fast enough to try it.  Damn.

American copyright law is weird and American copyright law on broad-
casting is even weirder.  Anybody know how it ever came about that
US radio broadcasters don't pay any royalties?