If you're going to send the whole song  off list, please include me.
There was a chap at college who sang it, but I could never pin him
down to write out the words, but have been looking ever since.
Thanks -- Tom

> From: Wayne Morrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2003/02/03 Mon PM 04:01:36 CST
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [scots-l] re: We're No Awa Tae Bide Awa
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> > Wayne, could you write out the whole song? Who is Dave
Forrest? My mother was
> > a Forrest and we're her little plantations. Of course in those
days we wood
> > always be in trouble with the copse. I'll get me coat...
>
> I'll send this to you off-list.  I don't know who Dave Forrest is, other
than
> that he's a friend of Tom's.  I went looking for him once, but
couldn't find
> him what with all the trrees.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> > Is this the same Tom Smith who played mandola with Shegui?
>
> This Tom Smith plays mandola, so they're bound to be the same
person.  After
> all, how many mandola-playing Tom Smiths can there be in the
world?

> I'm pretty sure Tom used to play with Craobh Rua.  I've mostly
heard him
> playing lately with Watkin Lees and Jim Byrne.
>
>                               Wayne
> Posted to Scots-L - The Traditional Scottish Music & Culture List -
To subscribe/unsubscribe, point your browser to:
http://www.tullochgorm.com/lists.html

Tom Hall  --  Master Wordworker
and Intellectual Handyman