[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> I don't think anyone will object if you post it to the list. If they don't
> want to read it, they can just delete it.

I wasn't worried about straining people's mailboxen, I was worried about
copyright issues.  At least a verse of the song I know is under copyright and
I'm not going to post it to the list.

Here are the first two verses and chorus, which I believe are trad., as I got
them from Tom Smith:

        As I cam in by Wilsontoon
        I met wee Johnny Scobie
        Says he to me "Would you tak a hauf"
        Says I "Man that's my hobby"

        chorus:
                We're no' awa tae bide awa'
                We're no' awa tae leave ye
                We're no' awa tae bide awa'
                We'll ay come back and see ye

        Now we had a hauf and another hauf
        And then we had another
        And we got fu', and we baith said 'Boo'
        And its Carnwath Mill forever

        chorus

        <<<David Forrest's verse not included>>>

        chorus

It could be that David Forrest wouldn't mind his work being distributed here.
I'm not making that decision for him.

I suppose that if you'd really like Forrest's verse, you could always buy
Tom's CD.  :)

                                Wayne