There was a very good duo who were residents at Dumfries Folk Club in the
early 70s who went under the name of The Layabouts (two guitars, harmony
vocals).  I think they were brothers and one of them was Billy ? (his
surname escapes me for the moment) who was later in the first line-up of
Black Eyed Biddy with Kris Koren and Lionel McLelland.

>From my own closet, there was the Aberdeen based six piece ceilidh-rock
band, Desperate Danz Band, which in its heyday included fiddler Louise
Mackenzie (now traditional arts officer on Skye), Lewis born singer
songwriter Iain Macdonald (who recorded two albums for Greentrax), and a
brilliant drummer called Stuart Ritchie who now plies his trade as a session
man in London.  We recorded one album, 'Send Three and Fourpence...We're
Going to a Dance' (1988), which once reached the giddy heights of being
album of the week on Iain Anderson's programme on Radio Scotland!
David Francis

t/f (44) (0)131 557 1050 (o); (44) (0)131 669 8824 (h)