On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:16:47 +0000 (GMT)
Nigel Gatherer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2. What the connects the titles of these old Scottish reels: "John of
> Badenyon;" "Och a Chiallain;" "Cuir sa Chiste Mhoir Mi."

Oh oh oh... I know this one. :-) In the Cape Breton tradition they are commonly known
as the wedding reels. Working from memory of John Campbell's ramblings during
workshops... The first Cape Breton fiddle recording ever made was of the "wedding reel
set" and was recorded by Angus Chisholm, Dan J. Campbell (John's father) and Angus
Gillis. The record company paid them $100 Canadian and traveling expenses.

Marcia Palmater uses that recording as the opening theme for her weekly radio show,
"Downeast Ceilidh".

Wendy