> and also New England style fiddler Rodney
> Miller, who I know nothing about; anyone know of him?

He's one of my favourite fiddlers.  He's fundamentally a dance
(contradance) fiddler, but seems to be a bit of an all-rounder.
Someone lent me a tape of his (Airplang) which I loved and wore out
playing, and eventually got around to getting more of his stuff (off
the web: http://www.greatmeadowmusic.com/) and it's all great.

His style really has a "want to get up and dance" feel about it (and
from my point of view, there's no higher achievement); it's
effortlessly musical, delicate yet driving, and he comes up with
wonderful impromptu tune variations while retaining the essence of the
tune. And his tune repertoire comes from all over (Scottish, Irish, French
Canadian, New England, ...), which suits me perfectly.

I had the good fortune to see him at Sidmouth Folk Festival last year
(and play in a session with him too) and he definitely met my
expectations.

I'm jealous - you've got a top lineup!

  cheers,
    rog.

PS. If anyone's interested, there's a great collection of tunes
(arranged as sets for RSCDS dancers) at this page:
        http://www.pixton.org/scdpw04/musicbook.html
It includes that tune I posted earlier (Boston Urban Ceilidh), amongst many
others (it's interesting to compare the "proper" version with mine...).
I don't know how long the page will last, so have a look
while you can!