On Jul 21, 2004, at 10:40 PM, Steve Wyrick wrote:

Silence is often the operative word on this list, except for those URGENT
MESSAGES that are a frequent feature as of late (Hey Toby, any way to
prevent spammers from hitting this list without going back to webmaster
approval for subscriptions?), but it's a really good group of people with a
lot of information to impart if you can ever get a conversation going!

Yes. I'm in the process of transitioning over to a new version of the list server, which will stop that problem. I just haven't gotten to it yet.. Something keeps coming up. Like for instance one of my other servers just took a total dump yesterday.