Can you be more specific about which development kit I need to install? As indicated in my original post, I installed the contents of the scratchbox-devkit-cputransp-1.0.1-i386.tar.gz file which seemed to make no difference.

If it is true that the CPU transparency needs to be installed as a development kit then it would be nice if the online documentation were updated to describe this.