On 04/05/2012 11:26 AM, Athanasios Silis wrote:
my sbox has an arguably very old toolchain. here/s the info:

[sbox-sbc26: ~] > sb-conf sh
Compiler: arm-linux-gcc3.4.cs-glibc2.3
Devkits: perl autotools-legacy git python-legacy qemu svn debian-squeeze
CPU-transparency: /scratchbox/devkits/qemu/bin/qemu-arm-sb

Yes. That's definitely an old toolchain.

Anyway, i had several problems with sbox, some of which I managed to
circumvent - please read here

How did you create your target? It would seem to me that it's missing files.

You can try something like this (% means prompt inside sb):

% sb-conf st my-target -c arm-linux-gcc3.4.cs-glibc2.3 -d qemu:perl:autotools-legacy:python-legacy:debian-squeeze:git:svn -t /scratchbox/devkits/qemu/bin/qemu-arm-sb
% sb-conf in my-target -de
% sb-conf st my-target

I'm not sure if the old toolchain package contains base packages for the target, but check it out from

% ls -l /scratchbox/compilers/arm-linux-gcc3.4.cs-glibc2.3/packages/*.deb

If it does, install them in your target

% fakeroot dpkg -i /scratchbox/compilers/arm-linux-gcc3.4.cs-glibc2.3/packages/*.deb

Then update your sour sources.list to whatever distribution/release/mirror you want to use, run apt-get update and try to install the rest from repository.

Do note that your toolchain being ancient, you won't probably want to go for the latest debian, but something from old releases.

Regards,

  Jussi