hello everyone,
I don't know if i'm doing something wrong (and don't have extended
knowledge on debian, apt-get and dpkg)
but i'm trying to update some packages (namely gdb) and install some others
(namely valgrind)
in my cross-compile sbox session, but apt-get fails.

my sbox has an arguably very old toolchain. here/s the info:

[sbox-sbc26: ~] > sb-conf sh
Compiler: arm-linux-gcc3.4.cs-glibc2.3
Devkits: perl autotools-legacy git python-legacy qemu svn debian-squeeze
CPU-transparency: /scratchbox/devkits/qemu/bin/qemu-arm-sb

Anyway, i had several problems with sbox, some of which I managed to
circumvent - please read here
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/cant-install-packages-in-debian-etch-under-scratchbox-an-arm-el-architecture-938060/

I wonder however, if I should change my /etc/apt-get/sources.list file or
do something else in order to make apt-get work.
If all else fails, do you think its possible to just compile latest
valgrind and gdb from sources?

Thank you in advance for your help
Thanassis silis