On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Jussi Hakala <jussi.hak...@movial.com>wrote:

> On 04/05/2012 11:26 AM, Athanasios Silis wrote:
>
>> my sbox has an arguably very old toolchain. here/s the info:
>>
>> [sbox-sbc26: ~] > sb-conf sh
>> Compiler: arm-linux-gcc3.4.cs-glibc2.3
>> Devkits: perl autotools-legacy git python-legacy qemu svn debian-squeeze
>> CPU-transparency: /scratchbox/devkits/qemu/bin/**qemu-arm-sb
>>

> Yes. That's definitely an old toolchain.
>

>  Anyway, i had several problems with sbox, some of which I managed to
>> circumvent - please read here
>>

> How did you create your target? It would seem to me that it's missing
> files.

what files do you think are missing? cause after I completed your sb-conf
steps, i get pretty much the same  output as before:

[sbox-jussytg: ~] > sb-conf sh
Compiler: arm-linux-gcc3.4.cs-glibc2.3
Devkits: qemu perl autotools-legacy python-legacy git svn debian-squeeze
CPU-transparency: /scratchbox/devkits/qemu/bin/qemu-arm-sb

[sbox-jussytg: ~] > sb-conf sh sbc26
Compiler: arm-linux-gcc3.4.cs-glibc2.3
Devkits: perl autotools-legacy git python-legacy qemu svn debian-squeeze
CPU-transparency: /scratchbox/devkits/qemu/bin/qemu-arm-sb

> You can try something like this (% means prompt inside sb):
>
> % sb-conf st my-target -c arm-linux-gcc3.4.cs-glibc2.3 -d
> qemu:perl:autotools-legacy:**python-legacy:debian-squeeze:**git:svn -t
> /scratchbox/devkits/qemu/bin/**qemu-arm-sb
> % sb-conf in my-target -de
> % sb-conf st my-target

you probably meant  "sb-conf se my-target" right?

> I'm not sure if the old toolchain package contains base packages for the
> target, but check it out from
>
> % ls -l /scratchbox/compilers/arm-linux-gcc3.4.cs-glibc2.3/packages/*.deb

If it does, install them in your target

> % fakeroot dpkg -i /scratchbox/compilers/arm-**linux-gcc3.4.cs-glibc2.3/**
> packages/*.deb
>
> I found a few deb packages and tried installing them but got this error:
[sbox-jussytg: ~] > fakeroot dpkg -i
/scratchbox/compilers/arm-linux-gcc3.4.cs-glibc2.3/packages/*.deb
fakeroot: preload library `libfakeroot-tcp.so.0' not found, aborting.

Then update your sour sources.list to whatever distribution/release/mirror
> you want to use, run apt-get update and try to install the rest from
> repository.
>
> what should i set my sources.list ? I get the very same problem as before
when I'm trying to update. (looks for /binary-arm/ instead of
/binary-armel/ folder)

> Do note that your toolchain being ancient, you won't probably want to go
> for the latest debian, but something from old releases.
>
> Regards,
>
>  Jussi

Thank you for your help