hello everyone,

I'm trying to setup an ARM cross-compiling environment inside of an i386 Xubuntu machine. What I do is:

# build scratchbox2 from source
# build qemu from source

# setup environment in $ROOTFS
$ cd $ROOTFS
$ sb2-init -n -c $HOME/sbox2/bin/qemu/bin/qemu-arm /path/to/arm-linux-gcc
$ fakeroot /usr/sbin/debootstrap --variant=scratchbox --foreign --arch armel wheezy $ROOTFS http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian
$ sb2 -eR ./debootstrap/debootstrap --second-stage

The last command fails. It doesn't create any output. Instead I get lots of lines like this in $ROOTFS/debootstrap/debootstrap.log:

tar: dev/kmem: Cannot mknod: Permission denied
tar: dev/mem: Cannot mknod: Permission denied
tar: dev/core: Cannot open: File exists
tar: dev/null: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted

It seems to me like the problem is, that /dev is not remapped:

$ sb2 -eR sb2-show path /dev
/dev => /dev

I tried the "install" mapping, but ended up with this:

$ sb2 -m install -R sb2-show path /dev
sb2: Error: Failed to find out how /home/tuxor/sbox2/bin/qemu/bin/qemu-arm should be started

I couldn't figure out what that means, because in general my qemu-arm ist working properly.

What's the problem here? And how can I solve it?

--------------------- MORE DETAILS:

# build scratchbox2 from source
$ git clone git://gitorious.org/scratchbox2/scratchbox2.git
$ cd scratchbox2
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/sbox2/bin/scratchbox
$ make install

# build qemu from source
$ git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/qemu.git
$ cd qemu
$ git checkout v0.13.0 -b devel_env
$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/sbox2/bin/qemu
$ make
$ make install