2.3.54 is now in gitorious. That one works better with debootstrap. I don't
know how I debootstrap seemed to go thru yesterday with .53, because today it
certainly didn't.

Anyway, .54 seems to run most (if not all?) postinstall steps, but I get some
failures to the log. I'm not sure if those are fatal or not, and don't have
more time for debugging today, sorry.

    Lauri