When running "sb2 -eR dpkg", I sometimes get error messages of this kind:

/tmp/sb2-tuxor-20120419-163915.lxHjXZ/modes/emulate/sb2rc: xmalloc: ../bash/parse.y:6019: cannot allocate 40 bytes (65536 bytes allocated)

For example, during installation of "libpcre3:armel" via "sb2 -eR apt-get install libpcre3:armel", the command "sb2 -eR dpkg --configure libpcre3:armel" is executed but fails due to the above error. Another example is "sb2 -eR dpkg --remove libglib2.0-0:armel".

This is on an armel wheezy debootstrap inside Xubuntu 11.10 i386 (inside VirtualBox) with qemu 1.0.1 and scratchbox2 ver 2.3.53. I managed to complete the bootstrap despite the problems with "utime" and "/dev/null" (discussed in a different thread) by making some changes to the "debootstrap" script.

Please note, that this error is not 100% reproducible. When executing the above command several times in a row, it will always present the same error message. But _sometimes_ the error message doesn't reappear when executing the command later. Strangely enough, I couldn't reproduce it with the same scratchbox2+debootstrap setup inside a Fedora 16 x86_64 machine.

If it's entirely enigmatic, what might have caused this error, it's probably related to the VirtualBox setup, though I actually can't think of a connection..