Anyway, .54 seems to run most (if not all?) postinstall steps, but I
get some failures to the log. I'm not sure if those are fatal or
not, and don't have more time for debugging today, sorry.

I'm trying to sum up, what's still missing for the
second-stage of debootstrap.

###########

There are mainly two critical errors:

1. libuuid1 and other packages can't be configured because useradd and
groupadd commands are corrupt. They report "failure while writing
changes to /etc/passwd" and "[...] /etc/group" respectively.

2. The following problem is with "sysvinit":
rm: cannot remove `/dev/initctl': Permission denied

###########

For the first error there is an obvious workaround:

echo "libuuid:*:101:" >> etc/group
echo "libuuid:*:101:101:libuuid:/var/lib/libuuid:/bin/sh" >> etc/passwd

For now it's only a workaround. In the long term we will need an
improved behaviour of the groupadd and useradd commands.

The second error is more problematic. Looks like we need a new
scratchbox2 mapping rule for this.

There is a kind of "warning", when "initscripts" tries to link /run/ to
/var/run. I'm not entirely sure how to fix this though:

guest environment detected: Linking /run to /var/run
rmdir: failed to remove `/run': Directory not empty
Can't symlink /run to /var/run; please fix manually.

This seems to be non-critical though.