On Apr 20, 2012, at 4:31 PM, ext tuxor1...@web.de wrote:

>> useradd seems to work for me, I have libuuid in /etc/passwd of the
>> debootstrapped thing and I'm also able to run useradd manually.
>>
>> How does it fail for you?
>
> The error ouput is not really helpful:
>
> $ sb2 -eR groupadd libuuid
> groupadd: failure while writing changes to /etc/group
>
> This is on my Fedora 16 (x86_64) machine, selinux disabled. Please note, that
> groupadd works on my Xubuntu (i386) in VirtualBox.

Strange. Can you run "sb2 -eR -d groupadd libuuid" on both environments, and
send the debug logs directly to me? (don't send to the list, those are big
files)

> "sb2-show path /etc/group" and "sb2-show exec /usr/sbin/groupadd" have
> completely equivalent output on both machines.
>
> On the Xubuntu machine, the debootstrap fails simply because of that strange
> xmalloc/xrealloc error, I mentioned in a different thread on this mailinglist.

Unfortunately this is not the first time when there are mystic symptoms with
bash, which happen on one machine but not elsewhere. If you find a way to
reproduce that in a deterministic manner, then debugging would be a lot easier.
Otherwise, it is almost impossible for me - I haven't seen that problem here.

        Lauri