Uhh...I agree that Mendel is a very good bass player, but there's no doubt
that Jeremy is bubbling over with creativity.  I mean, we still have yet to
see the Nate Mendel Solo Album...but that doesn't really prove anything.
Hmm...'How it feels' basslines are good, especially the little
pseudo-pre-chorus part in 'Guitar and Video Games'.  I don't know, i think
that having Jeremy play bass might actually be a good thing.  I find it
easier (when I write a song) to write all of the parts myself.  Since Jeremy
and Dan write the songs, they (he) probably have a better idea as to what
they want them to sound like.