On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 11:31:55PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>     Here's how i see it, Dan doesn't sing that much anymore because of the
> conflict with Jeremys christianity. Dan Horner has always been the one who
> speaks mostly for SDRE its not just this album. If any of you guys would read
> past interviews it was dan doing  most of the talking.......But for this
> album i believe it was pretty much split...Jeremy doesn't go right out there
> and say it, but there are some christian referances on some songs.....I also
> have a question?? was the agreement that sdre would get back together only if
> Jeremy wasn't soo upfront about His faith in Jesus? If anyone can help me
> with that question that would be great......
Well, first off, it's Hoerner.  ;)

Secondly, I don't think anybody's disputing the fact that Dan is the
vocal member of the group.  In interviews and at shows, he tends to
speak more than anyone else.

We seem to have come to an agreement that Dan did in fact write most of
the lyrics on Diary and some on LP2, seeing as many of those songs were
written at the same time as, or pre-Diary.

However, there then seems to have been a break wherein Jeremy laid down
the remaining lyrics for LP2 and the vast majority of HIFTBSO.
(Obviously, not at the same time ...)

On TRT, they seem to have reverted back to Dan writing most of the
lyrics.

As to Jeremy's faith, Will was very uncomfortable, as he hasn't had the
greatest history with Christianity and religion.  I don't believe there
was any real compromise, per se, but rather Jeremy just made it clear to
the others that he didn't feel he had to write lyrics about Jesus or
religion in order to glorify his faith.  In other words, to Jeremy, the
lyrics may have their origin in Jesus or religion, and to him they may
serve to glorify his beliefs, but that doesn't mean they have to mention
Jesus by name or even be religious.

--
Bruce Labbate  CS Jr  cs2330 TA | Some other candy matrimony
Georgia Institute of Technology | That strips the night I breathe ...