Mike Banon wrote:

Don't spend too much time on the arcane CHS concept, it is really
obsolete and that's for the better.

You're trying to hack a data structure and interface to do what you
want, which is something I can respect and appreciate.

But it's important to still choose battles wisely, and I think this
particular battle is better won by asymmetry; don't bother trying to
play by the rules of the CHS game - instead play another game,
or even change the game, to make the rules fit you.

Ideally you will move beyond BIOS and interrupt services. (Not to UEFI.)

But at the very least focus on LBA instead of CHS. Please. Thank you.

//Peter