On 10/13/2016 11:20 AM, Eduardo Aguirre wrote:
> Do you know why the MMAC mechanisms proposed in SEAndroid weren't
> adopted?  I have also heard of something called "Intent firewall" that
> has not been integrated to Android(as far as I know).

Not entirely sure why (we didn't get feedback), but recent versions of
Android do incorporate a runtime permissions model (built on top of
AppOps) and also include various enterprise-focused features.

Last I looked, Intent Firewall was still part of Android, but not
something that can be configured by anyone other than the OEM (aside
from using custom ROMs).  Some information about Intent Firewall is
available here:
http://www.cis.syr.edu/~wedu/android/IntentFirewall/