June 11, 2001

Dear searchSolaris.com Member,

Here are this week's highlights of upcoming news and events:

* Special Event Coverage - JavaOne
* Ask the Experts Highlight
* Learning Zone Book of the Week
* Best Solaris Web Links - Java
* Discussion Forums
* Win a Secret Agent Man Watch!
* Featured Destination- searchWebManagement.com

***SPECIAL EVENT COVERAGE - JAVAONE***
Didn't make it to San Francisco?  Well, here's the next best thing!
Take advantage of our Exclusive coverage of the event. Click below to
get the latest news and products announcements from JavaOne:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/specialEvents/1,289653,sid12_gci556878,00.html

Here are just a couple searchSolaris Exclusives from JavaOne:
*JavaOne: A warm reception to cool new features
How do you make piping hot Java even hotter? Add some cool stuff.
Apparently Sun is taking requests these days. You wanted assertions
and generics? You got them!
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid12_gci558194,00.html

*What's new with the J2EE
Java 2 Enterprise Edition has 33 licensees and 21 compatible
products, which is a doubling of the J2EE compatible market in the
last two months, said Sun executives at JavaOne. They also talked
about what else is new with J2EE in a question and answer interview.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/qna/0,289202,sid12_gci558204,00.html

--Did you attend JavaOne and you want to get something off your
chest? Go to our Java Developers' Forum and strike up a conversation
with your peers:
http://searchsolaris.discussions.techtarget.com/WebX?50@@.ee8445a

ASK THE EXPERTS HIGHLIGHT
Do you have a specific question about Java? Pose a question to our
resident Java expert, Jenning Moy:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/ateQuestion/0,289624,sid12_tax286948,00.html

Who's Jenning Moy?
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/ateExpertBio/0,289623,sid12_cid389001,00.html

LEARNING ZONE BOOK OF THE WEEK
*Core J2EE? Patterns, 1/e
This book brings J2EE design patterns together, sharing Sun's best
practices for development with Java Server Pages (JSP), Servlets,
Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB), and other key J2EE technologies.
http://www.digitalguru.com/dgstore/product.asp?sku=0130648841&dept%5Fid=134&ac%5Fid=68&accountnumber=&couponnumber=

BEST SOLARIS WEB LINKS - Java
There's certainly no shortage of information about Java on the Web,
is there? But we've scoured the Web looking for only the most helpful
Java related information and you'll find it here.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/bestWebLinks/0,289521,sid12_tax1349,00.html

NEW CUSTOMER FACING TECHNOLOGY TIP!
*Spying Eyes?
Self-service technologies let customers browse Web sites for
information on specific service questions. These self-service tools
enable service reps to see all prior contact with the customer,
eliminating the need for repeating account information. But, how
secure is your customers' information? Find out what you can do, what
is the biggest security threat and more. Go to:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid12_gci557859,00.html

NEW DISCUSSION FORUMS!
One more Free service that pays you big dividends as you leverage the
work your fellow members are doing in their own organizations! Post a
question. Throw in your two cents. Your fastest way to get advice and
direction from your peers.

Talk with your peers about Solaris development or administration
issues in the following discussion forums: Solaris 8 Implementation,
Java Developers' Forum, Hardware - From SPARC boxes to Storage
Arrays, and Sound-Off. Go to->
http://searchsolaris.discussions.techtarget.com/

SUBMIT A TIP - WIN SECRET AGENT MAN WATCH!
Become a Solaris Hero by submitting your tip (as many as you want)
today and you could win a Secret Agent Man Watch! For more details go
to:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tipsContest/0,289488,sid12_prz548732_cts548729,00.html

*Plus we are giving away hats to the first 50 people whose tips are
accepted.

Benefit from our online postings of Solaris tips in our "Expert
Technical Advice" section of searchSolaris.com in the lower left area
of the home page http://www.searchSolaris.com. This is your chance to
take advantage of valuable Solaris info from the trenches - expert
tips, tricks and shortcuts submitted by your peers (and you!). Check
out all the key tips that have already been posted:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tips/0,289484,sid12_tax1612,00.html

FEATURED DESTINATION: searchWebManagement.com
As IT professionals we all have something in common.  Whether it's
part of your job description or not, you are responsible for the
success of your company's Web site.  But how do you find the time to
stay ahead of rapidly evolving Web technology and still keep up with
your day job? You can't--unless you sign up today for
SearchWebManagement.com http://www.searchwebmanagement.com
You get all the same great benefits of SearchSolaris.com, only
dedicated to managing Web technology.  Update your member profile
today to get the practical information needed to plan, build and
maintain your Web site!

MEMBER FEEDBACK
What do you think of the site? Are there issues or problems that you
want to see covered on the site? Email your thoughts and comments to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] We look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks everyone for all the support!
SearchSolaris.com is a TechTarget.com community site. To become a
member of any or all of our search engine sites, just click on the
"Edit Your Profile" link at the top of SearchSolaris.com and update
as you like.

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter simply reply to
this message with "REMOVE" in the subject line.  Or, visit
http://searchSolaris.techtarget.com/register
and adjust your subscriptions accordingly.

If you choose to unsubscribe using our automated processing, you
must send the "REMOVE" request from the email account to which
this newsletter was delivered.  Please allow 24 hours for your
"REMOVE" request to be processed.