Mac Address will be sniff and spoof...

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Doug Wombles [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Date: 17 octobre, 2001 15:01
À: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet: RE: Wireless LAN for the Home network.

I talked to several reps at a Technology Expo here last week about wireless
technology.  They told me that the latest wireless systems are based on MAC
address because of the problems experienced at trade shows.  They also said
that you can even set up the systems to ONLY give access to machines with
specific MAC addresses which eliminates the sniffers from getting in to your

network even if they do have your login/password.

Another thing they showed me was that the wireless system they were using(I
am sure it was top of the line to show how great it could be) was able to go

much further than Cat-5 cabling.  They were using it at about a 200m range.

Also, the signal was not affected by fluorescent lights, power lines or
other normal forms of interference.

Besides, unless you live in an apartment complex or you work for the
CIA/FBI, why would a hacker waste their time sniffing in a normal
neighborhood in the hopes that someone MIGHT have a wireless network in
their home they can hack into?

later
dw