Hi,

  I am trying to figure out how to use certificates to validate users and
set up specific security associations and policies using IPSEC and ISAKMP
under OpenBSD.  Specifically, I am trying to figure out what options need to
be set in the certificates that I issue to the users and how I set up the
ISAKMPD policy and config files to properly authenicate each user with a
certificate and then grant them the appropriate access to my network.  We
currently have the VPN up and running using a passphrase between two static
IPs as well as one laptop with no fixed IP.  Currently the network looks
like this:

rw <-> net <-> secure gateway <-> insecure subnet

and

insecure subnet <-> secure gateway <-> net <-> secure gateway <-> insecure
subnet

This a copy of our current isakmpd.config file with the IPs changed to
protect the innocent.

http://www.thinkstream.com/~pieter/isakmpd.conf-example.txt

Thanks

Pieter Paulson