On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 06:32:11PM -0300, you (Rodrigo Ramos) wrote:
> Can anyone tell me the difference between hot site back up and cold site
> back up?
Fix me if I'm wrong, but I think that hot backup is when
you're backuping your data in a realtime, and cold (???)
is when you are doing backup after all work(or a part of it)
is done. So, If your host comes down and you're using
hot backup there's a chance that you wouldn't be forced
to do it again because it'll be backuped, BUT if you're
using cold backup and you haven't done a backup in the
seconds before your host halted - you need to do it
once again.

--
[ Wojtek gminick Walczak ][ http://hacker.pl/gminick/ ]
[ gminick (at) hacker.pl ][ gminick (at) klub.chip.pl ]