3des has not been broken. Check www.distributed.net if you'd like to be
including in any encrytion breaking project they have running. I don't
think they are attempting 3des as of right now, as the theoretical time
it would take to crack it is way beyond any computers that are currently
in existance. I think it's still at something like a million years using
every computer currently made. =)

M. Dante Mercurio, CCNA, MCSE+I, CCSA
Consulting Services Manager
Continental Consulting Group, LLC