This is true on current technology,but MIT, US Govt., England
etc. etc. are working on quantom computers that can break DES in
a few min. How much computer power do these governments have?
Way beyond terahertz, but have they hit petahertz?

3des has not been broken. Check www.distributed.net if you'd like
to be
including in any encrytion breaking project they have running. I don't
think they are attempting 3des as of right now, as the theoretical
time
it would take to crack it is way beyond any computers that are
currently
in existance. I think it's still at something like a million years using
every computer currently made. =)

M. Dante Mercurio, CCNA, MCSE+I, CCSA
Consulting Services Manager
Continental Consulting Group, LLC