It's very hard to comment on something like this since we don't know
the other side of the story. I would say that your best bet is to
keep your head up, keep doing your job and what you think is best
and "eventually" you will be rewarded one way or another.
If you feel you must quit then so be it. But make the best of your
situation at all times. Think positively and you will feel positive.
Good luck.
Brad B