From: apif [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 5:26 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: seeking a better understanding

I recieved one response to my original post... so maybe I am not in the
right conference / newsgroup. If this is so, please let me know. Otherwise,
the two following questions would scoot me along to understanding what I
need about basic security. Thanks.

1. Given port 80 (and only port 80) is open to the outside world, if someone
were to breach that port, could they do more than deface my website?

2. Is a home router that does src port blocking, packet intraspection, and
NATing enough, or do I need a middle box running some form of firewall
software too?