Hi Mario...

Let's try to respond in a good order to your questions.

First of all, you should have a look to nessus.org; as mentionned earlier.
But in any tools you use (Have a look at securityfocus in tools...  ) you
should do it from a remorte location..  So you are sure you're in the same
position as an attacker.

On commercial side, you can take a look to Eeye's tools (www.eeye.com).
GFI (www.gfi.com) make also a free scanning tools : Languard.  It's really
easy to use.
Be carefull that in this case, you are just taking 1 snapshot of your
security status.
I would recommend to do the test a least once a week.
Qualys sells via partner a very good Automated vulnerabilities assesment
service.  (www.qualys.com)

A firewall ?  Yes definitively you should put a real Firewall before your
ISA. Keep both, this a dual barrel, 2 differents. ISA a a fairly good proxy
service, but I wouldn't bet my right hand on his security and his packet
filtering capabilities.
Depending on your budget, and the price you can afford, you can find really
good firewall.  This will add a little more to the security. (Firewall-1, or
some appliance, already named in this list..)

DMZ ?  You should really put all Internet-Accessible machine in a DMZ.  So
if an attacker can take such a sertver, he is not yet in your network.  And
if you can , add an IDS.  Putting a DB accessible to public via a web
server, is a serious thing.
And, why not requesting the servicves of an independent security consulting
company?

HOpe this help.  Should you need more info, contact me off list...

Max