Clinton McLeay wrote:

> Is there any way to help this situation? How possible is it for us to
> put a firewall BEFORE the T1 line to block all of this before it hits
> our poor little line, or would this even help? I don't know if this
> would even be possible?

not at all possible unless your isp does it for you.  they won't even
let you have access to your own router, they certainly are not going
to let you into their building so that you can put a firewall futher
upstream.  if these "attacks" are coming from some specific ip
addresses, perhaps your isp can block them further upstream.
if not, then blocking them is difficult.

> Is there some sort of way we can have a fallback line incase this
> happens, and just move all of our ip addresses over to another t1 while
> this is happening to this one computer, so its only getting attacked and
> not EVERY server we have on that line?

having an alternate set of ip's is ok as long as you can manage them.
it depends on your setup.  if none of the ip's is published to the public
at large, then you can switch over to a new set easily.  if they are
published ip's for serving up web pages etc.., then it is more problematic.
you can change your dns to refer to the new set of ip's but it takes a while
for this information to propogate through the net.  even if you set your
dns lease time short, other systems may decide to cache your ip addresses
for a long period of time.

--
___cliff [EMAIL PROTECTED]http://www.genwax.com/