Hello

I am trying to run ipchains firewall on my computer connected to corporate
nettwork. I created a set of rules that let web and mail and ssh traffic in
and out, and it works just fine. But i got a problem with NFS and samba
traffic. I did not manage to get it running until i placed "-A input -s
0/0 -d 0/0 -i eth0 -j ACCEPT" in the ipchains.conf file. But, as far as i
understand this opens for all traffic to all ports over eth0 ( which is the
only network interface in my computer), which is not 100% secure.. or am i
wrong here?
I have tried to remove the above line and add "-A input -s 0/0 139 -d 0/0 -i
eth0 -p tcp -y -j ACCEPT" to let samba traffic in, but nothing happened ( it
startet to deny all kinds of traffic)

I have tried to search around for hints how to set up ipchains, but all
examples i find describe how to make a conf file for a firewall with a whole
nettwork behind, but not for a stand alone computer.

I feel kind of lost here... and IPchains-howto on linuxdoc didnt help a lot.
Some can help a little? May be someone knows of some examples i can look at?

Thanks in advance
--
Victor