On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Thomas Madhavan wrote:

> Could someone please explain exactly what it is that kernel hardeners, like
> Bastille Linux (am I right? Is it a kernel hardener?) do on the system. I've
> read into it a bit, but not in any great depth. I'll go and check out the
> bastille-linux domain you gave me.

I am not very sure, but I dont think Bastille Linux is a kernel
hardener. Someone might want to correct me if I am wrong.

Just digressing a little, when I started working on Linux/Unix, I read
thousands of articles on "How to Hack", "Hacking for Beginners" etc..
These articles, now I realize, never taught me how to hack... but they
did teach me the basics of systems security very well. If you are a
beginner, you might want to check these papers/articles out. They
certainly helped me a lot. Though, your mileage may vary...

Regards
Dhar

--
Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.

pub  1024D/7AB2D05A 2002-02-24 Sumit Dhar (Sumit Dhar, SLMSoft.com) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
     Key fingerprint = 4A18 D20D 3D15 6C5B CD2F  8E45 B903 0C29 7AB2 D05A