I use a Low Level Format utility that is free from Maxtor.  I have
used it many times and many different HD's and all have been very
successful.

Its FREE.  you can download here:
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10106-100-868553.html?
tag=st.dl.10001-103-1.lst-7-1.868553

peace,
dude

> Try AutoClave
> http://staff.washington.edu/jdlarios/autoclave/
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >

> >I am looking for a good utility to erase all hard drives
> >in a machine to a DOD standard. I would prefer a
> >FREE utility as this is a government agency and I try
> >to keep costs down.
> >
> >I have read that Norton Wipeinfo, BCWipe and
> >several other programs wipe only the known
> >partitions. I need a tool that will wipe EVERYTHING !
> >
> >TIA
> >Dan

This E-Mail was sent with Webmail from http://www.echostation.com.
However, Echo Station, NovaTech Web Services, or any other affiliated
company take no responsibility for the content or appropriateness of
any email sent utilizing this service.