From: Robert Buel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 4:15 AM
To: 'Peter Thoenen'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Webservers

Guys-

I will be a heretic and vote for IIS--you can install it in about 1
minute, easy to use, just like Apache, keep up on your patches! :)
As far as the CLI, I have mixed feelings. I'm dumb as a rock about 'NIX,
and the biggest problem I have is that you have so much overhead to
learn to do the simplest things. Even if you look it up in the
"man-pages" (I think that's right) you still might end up re-compiling
something to get it to run!
At least with the GUI, you run help, and just click the link in help to
run the task...also, if you know there's a window that will configure
it, you can always hunt around and find it...
Finally, there are a billion books out there on windows, and technet as
well.
But, of course, if you know 'NIX, it is easier to administer for you,
and if you know Windows, it would be easier to administer! To me, the
only sticking point here is that if you don't know either one, the GUI
is faster to learn!

Bob