I'm a Linux newbie, so I've been working really hard on learning
Linux, and learning C. I'm finally getting a hold of C. No I can't
write on the fly without some sort of reference - but I'm still
learning.

I'm a System Admin/Database Admin at work & Information Assurance
Officer is a secondary duty of mine (but I like it more then
administration). I'm trying to move into a security job, and get
away from Network Administration all together. I'd like to get
into auditing/pen-testing eventually(when I actually know what the
hell I'm doing).

What would you guys recommend for my next language. Perl seems to
be really popular - that's what I'm considering. Can anyone
recommend a good book. By good I mean really hands on....workbook
style....write a program that does this, then write a program that
does that kinda book.

Joe McCray
CCNA, Windows 2000 MCSE
A+, Network+, Linux+