um well sha-1 is a hash algorithm it's only one way it's mainly used for
signing and the such, the idea of the algorithm is that the hash is one
way and unique (you can't get the original data back ). 3Des is a block
cipher and the is reversable using a key. The two of these are totally different
animals and while they are used in conjuction sometimes, they are
quite diffent in what they both do. I think that you both must be confused
about something.

Mario you are trying to make all the traffic betwenn two sites secure
right?. I don't think you should be looking at individual encryption
algorithms there is already software to do this and the encryption
algorithm part is only one the pieces to the puzzle you are trying to
solve and lots of people have already solved the whole problem. Just look
into setting up an ssl tunnel on all the ports you want
to transfer data across or something like that I don't know of the
indivdual pacakages available but just google it up for 'secure tunnel'
and there is plenty of stuff therer for you to look at.

hoped this helped,
cheers,
Rory