SHA-1 is neither a protocol, nor is it an encryption standard, it is a
hash functions. Hash functions do not provide confidentiality, they can
only provide message integrity and if you use it as a keyed hash it can
provide authentication.

see:
        http://www.rsasecurity.com/rsalabs/faq/3-6-5.html

Use 3DES to get confidentiality.