>This seems weird to me, since 192.168.100.1 is an RFC 1918 local
address
>space. I can't think of any valid reason that a packet destined for it
>would go *two* hops into Road Runner's network before getting a
>destination host unreachable. Is there something I'm missing?

If RoadRunner is the one that assigned the private IP address, as I have
seen other ISP's do, then the gateway is on their server in their office
which could explain why you see that trace.

I have done traces before through a Canadian ISP that showed an RFC 1918
address in the middle of the trace. I questioned the ISP, made it all
the way to the 3rd tier tech support, and was told that to conserve
address; their internal routers used those IPs to route with.

John Tolmachoff
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.
Fullerton, CA  92835