From: Michael Bulebush [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 11:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Checkpoing NG on Linux or Windows?

Hello everyone,

We're about to migrate to Checkpoint NG soon, and I've been tasked to
gather data to determine which version of OS we will run our software
on.   We have already purchased 6 Dell systems (I'm unsure of specs), so
the choices are Windows NT, 2000, or a Linux flavor.  I'm looking for
recommendations, and perhaps links to performance ratings to use as a
comparison for each.  Also, I'd love to hear the horror stories, so I'm
not as blind sided as I was with our McAfee WebShield from months past!
Thanks for your help guys.

Michael Bulebush
Trusted Information Systems
U.S. Department of Energy, NETL