Talk about the lesser of 3 evils. If you already purchased the equipment
for your firewalls and cannot return it then out of the three choices I
would pick Linux to run NG on. It will give you better performance then on
the typical Windows platform, however if you were able to return those
system I would recommend looking at the Nokia IPSO solution or even a Sun
Solution running on a Ultra 50. I dont know your background with Solaris or
Open BSD but for checkpoint this is what I would recommend.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Hartley
Network Security Consultant

                    "Michael Bulebush"

                    <Michael.Bulebush@net     To:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    l.doe.gov>                cc:

                                              Subject:     Checkpoing NG on Linux or
Windows?

                    09/18/2002 11:12 AM

Hello everyone,

We're about to migrate to Checkpoint NG soon, and I've been tasked to
gather data to determine which version of OS we will run our software on.
We have already purchased 6 Dell systems (I'm unsure of specs), so the
choices are Windows NT, 2000, or a Linux flavor.  I'm looking for
recommendations, and perhaps links to performance ratings to use as a
comparison for each.  Also, I'd love to hear the horror stories, so I'm not
as blind sided as I was with our McAfee WebShield from months past!
Thanks for your help guys.

Michael Bulebush
Trusted Information Systems
U.S. Department of Energy, NETL
Pittsburgh, PA
(412) 386-4783 daytime
(412) 371-8882 off-hours

The preceding e-mail message (including any attachments) contains
information that may be confidential, be protected by the attorney-client
or other applicable privileges, or constitute non-public information.  It
is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s).  If you are
not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and then delete it from your system.  Use,
dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message by unintended
recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.