          From there it's to tape. The backup user on both (all really) nodes
          is locked. Unlike some others possibly we don't have shell users
          other than two people who have the role of sysadmins (and access to
          root privs anyway).  chroot is one way to help improve any
          potential/necessary shell access by the accounts.

                                                  Date:     2002-Oct-09
          01:34pm NST
                                                  From:     Johan De Meersman

          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

          Subject: Re: Is SSH worth it??

  Not to be annoying, but I don't think it's ever a good idea to allow=20
  root ssh to any machine :) Setup a low-permissions user, and use that,=20
  or better yet, use something that allows a shell-less user for your data =
  transfers. Perhaps there's a good reason, but one of the things I find=20
  annoying in ssh, is that scp requires a valid shell for the destination=20
  user - dunno if the same is true for sftp.