Hello Trevor

IMHO its best to use as many methods as possible to properly secure your data, as
you know and pointed out tcp and rsh are far from secure methods of moving data
around your network.  By using SSH it would help this situation, I still think
that moving to a switched network will be over all better for your network and
secure for more transactions beyond that of your scripts.

In short, do all  you can do, even if its more work in the begining, because in
the long run you could be looking at more work tring to figure out where all that
data just went to?

Ray Slakinski