Sounds like you may want to check out
http://www.sublimation.org/scponly/

"scponly" is an alternative 'shell' (of sorts) for system
administrators who would like to provide access to remote users to both
read and write local files without providing any remote execution
priviledges. Functionally, it is best described as a wrapper to the
"tried and true" ssh suite of applications.