In previous mail, [EMAIL PROTECTED] spouted...

> Unfortunately there isn't a clear way to do this since Yahoo is the middle
> guy and the mail headers were generated there.  We recently had a similar
> e-mail come in and we spoke to Yahoo directly.  While they were sympathetic
> to the situation, they stated some sort of Court Order or Law Enforcement
> involvment would be required for them to give out information.

        I just did a quick test from a throw-away Yahoo account.  Mail was
        sent from Yahoo using their web interface to my home network.  In
        the mail received there is a header similar to:

2003 09:45:37 PDT

        Can't this be used as the first step in tracing down, at least, where
        it originated?

        While Yahoo themselves may not release information without a court
        order, perhaps the folks at the originating point would be more
        helpful?

                                                        John