If you're going to do that, however, you shouldn't lump "linux" together into one
category due to the huge diversity of distros. Unless of course you really do mean to
single out "linux" (ie. the kernel) and nothing else. If that be the case your
assertion surprises me.

The list would likely benefit from a source reference to these statistics that you
refer to, particularly something that indicates the methodology applied...

VS