From: Jim [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 8:07 PM
To: 'Brad Arlt'
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Questions about 192.168

Brad wrote:

<<<<<

> 192.168.1.255 are both ping-able).  When doing nmap, it shows
> 192.168.1.255 as remote, the others as local.  However, when I do a
> traceroute on these supposedly local ones, it shows a number of hops
out
> over the Internet, implying that they are not connected locally.  Does
> this make sense?

I am unfamiliar with nmap calling anything "local" or "remote".

Sorry about that, what it really said was:

Host   (192.168.1.255) seems to be a subnet broadcast address (returned
1 extra pings). Skipping host.

I guess I should have read it a little slower.

Jim

---
Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top
analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access
in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm
----