From: "Sayo Venchetti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 12:22 AM
Subject: Some 'new guy' questions

Hey, kind of a new guy to the security field...I only have basic and
intermediate knowledge of the subject, but I ran a netstat -ano on my
computer the other day and noticed I have a bunch of connections to my
computer set on Listening status, that I have not activated myself, and
appear to be hackers(?). I was wondering if there's a command to manually
close those connections? BTW, I'm running Windows XP if it means
anything :P

Also, I was wondering, as I'm getting more and more into security and
such, I'm trying to learn as much as I can soon, so to start off, I have
a simple question. Windows, any build after 95, scrapped the DOS system
and replaced it with a watered down crappier version called Command
Prompt :P. When I'm running batch programs, and commands for nbtstat and
netstat and such, is there anything better than command prompt, like, can
I download DOS somewhere? Also, how exactly do I compile programs from
source documents? Thanks much,

Sayo