> On Sep 21, 2018, at 4:45 PM, Jamil Nimeh <jamil.j.ni...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Xuelei,
>
> I started getting into making the one test per run approach - having these
> controlled from command line args in the run line gets a little weird after a
> while.  We have different hello messages that are byte arrays, so you have to
> map them to strings (easy), but then some test cases (in the future, not now)
> might need SSLContexts created with different alg names, might throw
> different exceptions, we may want to take slightly different actions based on
> how the processClientHello reacts to a given message, etc.  Those things are
> easier to write into the body of the test.
>
> Would you be OK with an approach where the output on stdout clearly indicates
> a PASS/FAIL for each test it performs?  Then if it fails one only needs to
> look at stdout to see which test went haywire and go from there.

It would help simplify the failure evaluation.

But there is still a problem that when we run a lot test, the debug log may be
swallowed, for example over 5000 lines.  The result is that the failure output
may not appear in the debug log.

However, it is a very minor issue.  We can consider make the improvement later
when we have more cycles.

I’m fine with the current code.

Thanks,
Xuelei