On Fri, 6 Aug 2021 19:57:11 GMT, Valerie Peng <valer...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Smita Kamath has updated the pull request incrementally with five additional
>> commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Merge branch 'aes-gcm' of github.com:smita-kamath/jdk into aes-gcm
>>  - Updates, comment and variable cleanup
>>  - merge rest
>>  - merge
>>  - fixes and code comments
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/com/sun/crypto/provider/GaloisCounterMode.java
> line 1120:
>
>> 1118:                 inOfs += r;
>> 1119:                 inLen -= r;
>> 1120:             }
>
> Have you considered move the "if (inLen >= PARALLEL_LEN) block" into
> EncryptOp.update() impl (just like the Encrypt.doFinal() impl) ? Even though
> not all op.update() calls process large data, but it'd reduce code
> duplication and ensures that all large data processed by EncryptOp.update()
> calls would call the intrinsified method.

There are cases where inLen is known to be smaller than PARALLEL_LEN and is a
waste of a check, such as merging with the ibuffer to create one block.  Also
moving it into EncryptOp would always mean an additional check and maybe an
unnecessary jump to another method.

I did that for doFinal, because gctr/ghash.doFinal() needs to was no extra
checks.